Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Great Hail Storm



Its been awhile since I've seen a decent Hail Storm, but we had a good one yesterday. Not so much due to the size of the hail - the biggest pieces were about marble size. But more due to the quantity. My wife picked it on the drive to get our son from school. As we came to a rise that has a great view at a set of traffic lights, the sky had intense greys and bubbling of a thunderstorm. My wife said, "Those clouds have hail." Sure enough without half an hour the hail came down.

I've included some pictures of the hail here. It was heavy enough to trim the trees of a lot of their leaves and the ground became frosted with a mist/fog rising up from the ground, it was very zen - the kids loved it - hell so did I. Its nice to be given a good surprise by nature now and then.


Thats not broken glass - it's ice.

No comments: