Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beijing Olympics - China comes of age

Well I for one loved the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony. The music, history and lightening was fantastic and the use of the stadium itself as a backdrop was magic. The swimming center with its radical design - "the cube" with its plastic bubbles is cutting edge design and when lit up at night will be a must see attraction in Beijing years after the games has finished.

China has really put on a great display with beautiful venues just dripping with history and color. I'm sure their tourism industry will get a big boast from the media attention. The temples, palaces, the great wall - It all shouts - come and visit. I stand by my previous post - China does seriously need to become Environmentally concerned, aiming to improve air and water quality - but I now say it because China should not hide its wonders in a cloud of smog.

As for the Olympics ..... Well done, China, congratulations.

No comments: